Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quote of the Day...


"Gardening is a kind of disease. It infects you, you cannot escape it. When you go visiting, your eyes rove about the garden; you interrupt the serious cocktail drinking because of an irresistible impulse to get up and pull a weed." ~Lewis Gannit

It's true.....pulling a weed in a restaurant flower box, reaching to eliminate a weed at a friends house while the invitation was only for tea.....a sickness I admit to. Most of my companions and friends understand this and try not to pay too much attention to my addiction for weed pulling and dead heading wherever I am.


2 comments:

Holly said...

You'd have a hay day at my place.

I remember seeing you do this just last June in Marcia's rose bed. It seems to me it's where you ponder life's questions... I do that in the shower or bath tub.

Joye Lisk said...

Exactly Holly sweetie! The shower is good too....a little meditation that begins at the top of your head and runs through your body warming you through and through....and then flows gently away with all that needs escape.