Monday, December 8, 2008

Grandpa and Grandma Bolles always made Christmas fun!


Grandma and Grandpa Bolles always made Christmas fun. The family fishpond will be a favorite memory for grandkids and great grandkids for generations to come. They turned their home into Santa workshop for weeks.....sawing, gluing, hammering, sewing and stitching together toys, aprons, doll houses, pencil holders, checkerboards and puzzles. Each child took their turn with the fishing pole and waited with breathless anticipation to see what was hooked on the line with a clothespin. Even though the workshop is quiet, the memories of delighted, squealing kids fills my heart.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I remember one year when the fish pond was at YOUR house... and you did us proud. In fact, I think... was that the year of the infamous doll house? Favorite Christmas memory. The rest is a blur. The sprint to the beautiful handmade doll house, and playing with it the rest of the day is what's in my mind. So incredible.

Joye Lisk said...

Holly....honey, I have slides of you and Heather and the doll house....I'll bring them to share with you this Christmas in Washington. I hear you are coming! Me too! Auntie Joye