Thursday, October 30, 2008

A boy stood on the Senate floor!

I wrote this when Scott was in Desert Storm from his sons perspective...and now again....it is important to remember what the kids of the world really need. Go vote!


A child stood on the Senate’s floor,

Coming unnoticed through the door.

He thought he’d heard the powers here,

Would hear his questions and be clear.

A timid voice from the tiny tyke,

Began to speak from a mighty mike.

Great Sirs, I beg if you can do

The things you say are good and true.

My Mom’s at work my Dad’s at war,

And so I took this as my chore.

I mean to ask who guides your plan

For peace on earth for every man.

Could we just stop all talk of hate,

And share our food so every plate,

Would have a piece of meat and bread.

A cookie too…. a roof ore’ head?

May we just go to bed at night,

Without bad dreams that give us fright?

Bring back my Dad so Mom won’t fear,

And she won’t have to shed one tear.

I need him here to teach me all,

The ways to catch a basketball.

Maybe Dad’s in other nations.

Want to see their kid’s occasions?

Birthdays parties and school play,

And soccer games on Saturday.

I think it’s good to bring them back.

And put those bombs in unused stack.

We don’t really need to fight.

Peace feels better, in fact, just right.

Can’t you see a world of peace,

Where orders were to stop and cease?

I know I’m small and not so smart

As men who plan the country’s part.

In matters of the nations’ men.

Can there be peace on earth again?

It’s Christmas soon so here’s my plea,

Bring Dad home to see our tree.

But most of all he wants to see,

His boy, his son and that is me.

No comments: