Friday, April 23, 2010

A garden poem for morning!

Mid springtime skies of blue delight,

With wispy clouds of cotton light.

Sweet silky air against my cheek,

On garden walk…I take first peek.

I meet the fragrance of the day,

With smiles that come and dare to stay.

Amusing birds and butterfly,

Caressing flowers, then, flutter by.

Watching morning’s diamond dew,

The bees that gather quickly flew,

From stem to bloom and back again,

Gathering nectar in nature’s plan.

So with peaceful loving grace,

I walk among the Queen Anne’s lace

Knowing angels guided me.

To garden paths with giggling glee.

This journey is the best so far,

When guided by bright morning star.

Perhaps I’ll run through sprinklers cool.

Eat ice cream that would make you drool.

Soon summer’s choir will sing and play.

Before the ice and snow can stay.

Enjoy the day and join me now,

While gardens takes a joyous bow.

Come with me to pull the weeds,

Please leave the plants that shed their seeds.

You who walk amongst my garden,

Share leisure’s sudden loving pardon…

Feel free to come and go and take

Bouquets to share, a squash to bake.

For in my garden’s splendid reaping,

Is love to give and love for keeping.

No comments: