Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thinking ahead to spring!


Any good gardener starts planning ahead as soon as the seed catalogs arrive in the mailbox! Even without my usual space for a garden, I'm no different. Gardening magazines find their way into my grocery cart even though it is January. I fantasize about sitting in an Adirondack chair with soft colorful pillows, viewing the crop in my garden or picking a fresh bouquet for the table. The reality is....spring is just around the corner and gardening will be here quickly. Plan ahead! One memorable time last gardening season was visiting my son's country place on the border of Idaho/Oregon while they were floating the Grand Canyon. Three dogs, a fledgling garden and a greenhouse full of seedlings.....heaven. And to make it even better....the driveway lined with peonies bloomed profusely. Between putting on muddy boots to tend the new garden, I painted the peonies. That month, I was totally in my element!


1 comment:

Sharon Kay said...

Those peonies are simply beautiful. Good job, Joye.